Catherine is a National Board of Trial Advocacy certified attorney by NBTA. In addition to civil litigation, she devotes a substantial amount of time to family law as a divorce attorney and as Guardian ad Litem in child custody and placement cases. She is a certified collaborative divorce lawyer. Ms. La Fleur was recently appointed as a court commissioner. She mediates a wide variety of cases using her exceptional mediation training.
Catherine’s practice also includes appellate work. Please see Cases for published decisions.
- 1988 Graduate of Marquette University Law School
- 2001 Assistant adjunct professor of law at MULS- She teaches in the areas of pretrial practice, depositions, and trial advocacy.
- 2001 Mediation training at Harvard Law School
- “AV” rated lawyer by Martindale
- Super Lawyer
- Inducted into Wisconsin Law Foundation
In addition to her law practice, Ms. La Fleur devotes a significant amount of time to volunteering. She is involved in the following organizations:
- Special Preliminary Review Committee- reviews claims against lawyers volunteering for the Office of Lawyer Regulation if those claims are dismissed and appealed
- Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners- grades bar exams
- Professional Dimensions- VP of Administration
- Milwaukee Bar Association- volunteer
- Legal Action of Wisconsin- volunteer
- Collaborative Family Council of Wisconsin- member of the Public Education Committee
- EWGA-Executive Women’s Golf Association Milwaukee Chapter- marketing committee
- Wisconsin Association of Mediators- member
- Association of Women Lawyers- member
- BNI-Elm Grove chapter- member
Attorney La Fleur is an experienced litigator who offers competitive rates for quality litigation services. She is a compassionate mediator devoted to helping parties reach an amicable, cost-effective resolution of their issues. She is always ready to face a new challenge.
Catherine was a guest on The Executive Committee podcast. Listen below.
Fill out the form below and click “Send” to email Attorney La Fleur.